10 beauty tips to prepare the skin for winter
Winter is approaching and this is the ideal time to give your skin extra care. Especially if you have sensitive skin , we suggest you prevent your dermis from suffering less during the coldest season of the year . Dryness, tightness and itching sensation are the effects of the atmospheric agents on our skin when the temperatures go down. How can we prepare the skin for winter ?
Why does the skin suffer more in the winter?
Each skin is different and may need more or less care, but protection and prevention allow us to avoid many discomforts. Above all, that caused by climatic phenomena. On another occasion we have talked about the harmful effects of the sun and the advice to prevent them .
It is important that also in winter, when apparently the sun’s rays seem innocuous, you continue to take care of your skin in the same way.
Therefore, we suggest you nourish your skin with more intensity. So the cold, the wind and the drier air do not harm your appearance and you can keep your skin well hydrated.
Beauty tips to prepare your skin to winter
So that winter does not leave traces on your skin, follow these tips:
- Nourish the skin of the face with a moisturizer indicated for your skin type and age. It is very important that your skin receives the hydration it needs to prepare to overcome the winter without suffering too much.
- The masks represent an indispensable ritual that you should repeat every week, just after a deep cleansing (exfoliation). In this period you can alternate moisturizing and regenerating masks because your skin needs some more intense care.
- Very hot showers, although very pleasant, are discouraged by the dehydrating effect that heat exerts on the skin. The ideal thing is to shower with warm water and for the face the cold water is even better. You can try the Scottish shower technique , which alternates hot and cold water. This method, in addition to keeping the skin more hydrated, helps tone muscles and activates circulation .
- When temperatures drop, does it cost you to drink water? Add soups and infusions in your diet and keep hydrating, both in winter and summer water is essential to keep the skin young and a healthy body.
- Change your diet by introducing more seasonal foods . Fruits, vegetables, nuts typical of this period provide you with the ideal nutrients to protect your skin in the coldest months.
- The supplements can also help prevent and alleviate the effects of cold on the dermis. Of course, you have to be consistent and associate them with a balanced lifestyle so that they are more effective and your skin stays healthy and smooth for a longer time.
- It seems obvious, but covering is essential when it’s cold. Physical barriers are an excellent defense weapon in your hands to prevent premature aging that wind, cold and sun cause on the skin.
- Take care of the skin of the face, but do not forget the hands and lips . Always carry with you a hand cream and a lip balm to apply several times throughout the day. This way you will avoid that annoying sensation of dryness and you will maintain that pleasant aspect thanks to a healthy and hydrated skin.
- Practice exercise. Muscle movement activates circulation and oxygenation also on the dermal surface. Thanks to a daily sports routine your skin will be more hydrated and healthy.
- Give yourself extra care at night. Add a few drops of pure rosehip oil in your usual night cream will add more moisturizing and soothing properties. This oil is very indicated for the protection of the skin and for the prevention and treatment of spots and wrinkles .